INEQUALITY IN NUMBERS
of the performing artists at
Glastonbury in 2019 were women.
of Grammy Awards nominees
Producing credits that went out to WOMEN OF COLOUR.
music copyrights collected in Brazil in 2019 went to MALE ARTISTS.
works performed by major orchestras in 2018/2019 were by MEN.
is the average pay gap at
major record labels in the UK.
of the 600 popular songs from 2012 to 2017 were performed by women.
Women songwriters between
2012 and 2019.
Billboard’s Best Indie-Alternative
songs performed by women.
If you are a corporation, donor or patron of the arts, we need your influence and power to change the status quo and the structures that still hold inequality together. We can organize tailored talks, concerts and events to bring music created by women to your organization and more.
Our corporate partners help to fund the many initiatives that advance diversity, create opportunities, and have a direct impact in the future of women in music. Your company can partner with Donne by joining our corporate membership scheme, demonstrating your corporate purpose, inspiring your employees whilst fulfilling your Corporate Responsibility goals.
Be part of changing the cause of the history of music, help empower and support women so that they can enrich the tapestry of music and inspire future generations.
– Donne provides one of the most comprehensive online databases especially dedicated to women composers globally, which will continue to grow as more talent is fostered and unearthed. More than 5000 women so far;
– Our free multimedia resources are used by organizations, educators and performers all over the world;
– Through our partnership with Scala Radio UK, 30 women were introduced to listeners for the first time in the past two months;
– New commissions by women have been funded;
– Young composers have received free mentoring;
– World premiere recordings and performances have been produced;
– 19 international artists joined us as Donne Ambassadors in March 2021.